Eligibility of second opt for second master after leaving usa for few years

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

On completing my first master's degree I applied for OPT but left the country for a few years after the first 90 days. Am I eligible for an OPT again if i return to USA to pursue an MBA, since i didn't utilise the full OPT the first time..

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I, too, agree.

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

Answered . Moving to a new level of study provides eligibility for a new 12 months of practical training, see 8 CFR 214.2(f)(10). If the student leaves the US for more than a temporary absence (5 months) he would be available for a new year of OPT once he re-entered the US on a new F-1 visa for a new course of study. So, I believe you can yes.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague.