Elective cardiac cath sept 2012. Went to cardiac arrest. Sustained Hypoxic brain damage . What exactly happened dye allergy

Rahway, NJ |

feel sad ,confused and do not know what should I do.Tried to go back to work I am physician,Forgetful and slow. Retired medical reason after trial of work 2 weeks. Benefits ends till end of October 2013.I was hoping I would go to work Any statue of limitation for legal course. My cardiology states I had late reaction to IV contrast Than had surgery right femoral artery due to procedure .Repair of psedoaneurysm I was thrashing and resulted in this injury as per Cardiology.I still see same cardiologist. had stress test recently. .He states unremarkable.i was not planning to retire at least for 2 yrs.It is now dawning on me about my future and limitation.Not our culture to sue.but I am in a problem

You should check with local medical malpractice attorneys to see whether it makes sense to pursue a claim. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer: http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer

At least have idea where to look further.Thanks.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I suggest you consult with an excellent medical malpractice case to investigate further and potentially to pursue claims on your behalf. Good luck.

My colleagues are correct -- you need to sit down with an experienced medical malpractice attorney to discuss your potential options.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Your medical records would need to be ordered and sent by a malpractice lawyer to an expert to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Did you get your records?

Seek out a Medical Malpractice attorney ASAP