Elective cardiac cath sept 2012. Went to cardiac arrest. Sustained Hypoxic brain damage . What exactly happened dye allergy

Asked 6 months ago - Rahway, NJ

feel sad ,confused and do not know what should I do.Tried to go back to work I am physician,Forgetful and slow. Retired medical reason after trial of work 2 weeks. Benefits ends till end of October 2013.I was hoping I would go to work Any statue of limitation for legal course. My cardiology states I had late reaction to IV contrast Than had surgery right femoral artery due to procedure .Repair of psedoaneurysm I was thrashing and resulted in this injury as per Cardiology.I still see same cardiologist. had stress test recently. .He states unremarkable.i was not planning to retire at least for 2 yrs.It is now dawning on me about my future and limitation.Not our culture to sue.but I am in a problem

1. Michael David Myers

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should check with local medical malpractice attorneys to see whether it makes sense to pursue a claim. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer: http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer

2. Jason Todd Studinski

7

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation. I suggest you consult with an excellent medical malpractice case to investigate further and potentially to pursue claims on your behalf. Good luck.

Pro

5

Answered . Your medical records would need to be ordered and sent by a malpractice lawyer to an expert to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Did you get your records?

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . My colleagues are correct -- you need to sit down with an experienced medical malpractice attorney to discuss your potential options.

5. David A. Papa

Pro

Answered . Seek out a Medical Malpractice attorney ASAP