Elective cardiac cath sept 2012. Went to cardiac arrest. Sustained Hypoxic brain damage . What exactly happened dye allergy

Asked 6 months ago - Rahway, NJ

feel sad ,confused and do not know what should I do.Tried to go back to work I am physician,Forgetful and slow. Retired medical reason after trial of work 2 weeks. Benefits ends till end of October 2013.I was hoping I would go to work Any statue of limitation for legal course. My cardiology states I had late reaction to IV contrast Than had surgery right femoral artery due to procedure .Repair of psedoaneurysm I was thrashing and resulted in this injury as per Cardiology.I still see same cardiologist. had stress test recently. .He states unremarkable.i was not planning to retire at least for 2 yrs.It is now dawning on me about my future and limitation.Not our culture to sue.but I am in a problem

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Michael David Myers


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You should check with local medical malpractice attorneys to see whether it makes sense to pursue a claim. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer: http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer

  2. Jason Todd Studinski

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation. I suggest you consult with an excellent medical malpractice case to investigate further and potentially to pursue claims on your behalf. Good luck.

  3. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your medical records would need to be ordered and sent by a malpractice lawyer to an expert to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Did you get your records?

  4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My colleagues are correct -- you need to sit down with an experienced medical malpractice attorney to discuss your potential options.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  5. David A. Papa


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Seek out a Medical Malpractice attorney ASAP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,251 answers this week

2,805 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary