Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

Can i petition for my spouse during this govt. shutdown? if YES , will my paper work be processed without much delays?.....This shutdown is taking 2 long. Your advice is needed urgently.

Generally, the shutdown should not affect uscis but there are some reports that delays may be expected. And yes, you can petition for your spouse during the shutdown. Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

The USCIS is not shut down. Go ahead and petition for your spouse. Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes, petitions are still being accepted, although delays are being reported.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Shutdown is over now

Recommended articles about Immigration