Effect Expungement of domestic violence and child custody

Downey, CA |

We are going to court fighting for child custody and I have many issues of her having our son sole custody since she abuses her authorities so many times and now I have to court expunge my domestic violence case I was innocent and I took plea not contest because ill advice of public defender
does this help me in my case ?

1. Probably not because expungement is only sealing records from nongovernmental agencies and I believe the courts are still governmental agencies and will get the records.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.