EB2 or EB3 Green card filling ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have a degree in B.Sc. in hospitality and hotel administration from ignou (3yrs) from India and a post graduate diploma in business management (IT and Marketing & Sales) (2 years) from India. i also have 2 years of Business Research Analyst India experience and 3.5 years of IT Business analyst US experience (H1B). Can i file in EB2? and do i have a 90% chance of getting GC under EB2.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Whether a position is EB2 or EB3 depends on the requirements of the position.Your 3 year B.Sc. is not equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, which makes it doubtful that your background would be suitable for an EB2 filing.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Katie D.T. Sanders

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . An applicaiton can be filed under eb-2 if the standard requirement for the position for which the PERM is filed, either in the industry or with the employer due to the complexity of the particular position, is a Master's degree or it's equivalent. You must consult with an experienced immigration attorney to evaluate the position offered to you and your educational and experience background to determine whether the application could be filed under the eb-2 category and whether you have the Master's degree or its equivalent requried for the position..

  3. Raed Gonzalez

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,765 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,765 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering