EB2 or EB3 Green card filling ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have a degree in B.Sc. in hospitality and hotel administration from ignou (3yrs) from India and a post graduate diploma in business management (IT and Marketing & Sales) (2 years) from India. i also have 2 years of Business Research Analyst India experience and 3.5 years of IT Business analyst US experience (H1B). Can i file in EB2? and do i have a 90% chance of getting GC under EB2.

1. J Charles Ferrari

5

1

Answered . Whether a position is EB2 or EB3 depends on the requirements of the position.Your 3 year B.Sc. is not equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, which makes it doubtful that your background would be suitable for an EB2 filing.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

2. Katie D.T. Sanders

4

Answered . An applicaiton can be filed under eb-2 if the standard requirement for the position for which the PERM is filed, either in the industry or with the employer due to the complexity of the particular position, is a Master's degree or it's equivalent. You must consult with an experienced immigration attorney to evaluate the position offered to you and your educational and experience background to determine whether the application could be filed under the eb-2 category and whether you have the Master's degree or its equivalent requried for the position..

3. Raed Gonzalez

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.