Skip to main content

EB2 and foreign degree

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I have all the details needed for EB2 filing (VP position, salary and experience needed), plus I do have more than 5 years post degree US experience, but I now heard since my degree was not completed in the US, then it's not eligible (i.e. 3 years vs. 4 years...), is there any way around this?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Determining equivalency of a foreign advanced degree can be complicated. You should consult with an immigration attorney. Gaining a Foreign advanced degrees does not mean you cannot satisfy Eb-2 requirements, however.

  2. You will need to obtain foreign degree equivalency. Contact your attorney if you have one and discuss this issue. If you do not have an attorney yet, make sure you consult with one.

    Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

  3. I agree with above. There are many places that will provide you with degree equivalency documentation and some companies are by far better and more respected than others. At times people submit this information and the government rejects it so you should seek help from a lawyer.

    The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

  4. If you have a 3 year BA degree and 5 years of post BA experience, you will not meet the EB2 job requirements. Please ask your prospective employer to consult with an attorney.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics