EB2 and foreign degree

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I have all the details needed for EB2 filing (VP position, salary and experience needed), plus I do have more than 5 years post degree US experience, but I now heard since my degree was not completed in the US, then it's not eligible (i.e. 3 years vs. 4 years...), is there any way around this?

1. Gintare Grigaite

5

Answered . You will need to obtain foreign degree equivalency. Contact your attorney if you have one and discuss this issue. If you do not have an attorney yet, make sure you consult with one.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

5

Answered . Determining equivalency of a foreign advanced degree can be complicated. You should consult with an immigration attorney. Gaining a Foreign advanced degrees does not mean you cannot satisfy Eb-2 requirements, however.

3. Ian Edmund Scott

2

Answered . I agree with above. There are many places that will provide you with degree equivalency documentation and some companies are by far better and more respected than others. At times people submit this information and the government rejects it so you should seek help from a lawyer.

4. Gen Kimura

2

Answered . If you have a 3 year BA degree and 5 years of post BA experience, you will not meet the EB2 job requirements. Please ask your prospective employer to consult with an attorney.