EB2 / EB3 greencard category requirements

San Jose, CA |

I have masters and 8 years experience. I am earning around 65k right now and will have increased income after one year. what category should i apply my greencard and how long does it take to pass each stage.

How long does it take to get to 140,485 stages for both EB2 and EB3 if I apply this year.

What are the salary requirements for both categories.

I am a sr software engineer in java

1. The category, salary and time to complete depend on the requirements of the position.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Since you have a Master's degree you qualify under EB-2. Having said that, the company's job requirements for the position will determine if it is an EB-2 or EB-3 category filing.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

3. Whether you can be classified as EB2 or EB3 category depends on several factors. The requirements for the job are considered. An experienced professional will be able to assess you and advise you. The time taken for the whole process depends on so many different factors including country of birth.