EB1C - Can the sponser company revoke their sponsership once I-140 is approved ?

Dallas, TX |

Please advise

1. The sponsor company can file a notice to revoke the approved I-140. However, if your I-485 is pending over 180d days, the revocation of the approved I-140 will not cause the denial of your I-485.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

2. It is possible for the company to request to withdraw the I-140.

Contact Shokry G. Abdelsayed, Esq. at 201-471-7989, NY and NJ. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form an attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

3. Yes, they can revoke ... it is, after all, their property.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

4. I-140 belongs to employer. However based on a law called AC21 (American Competitiveness in the 21st Century), once your green card (I-485 application) has been pending for 180 days or more, now you can "port" move the application to another similarly situated employer with the same or similar job offer and at least minimum salary, or you also, if the I-140 sponsoring employer decides to revoke their I-140 with you as the beneficiary, you can still safe your I-485 and have another employer adopt the application even though the I-140 is revoked. As long as there was no fraud involved then your fine. Good luck.