EB1C - Can the sponser company revoke their sponsership once I-140 is approved ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

Please advise

1. Gen Kimura

6

Answered . The sponsor company can file a notice to revoke the approved I-140. However, if your I-485 is pending over 180d days, the revocation of the approved I-140 will not cause the denial of your I-485.

2. Shokry G Abdelsayed

4

Answered . It is possible for the company to request to withdraw the I-140.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Yes, they can revoke ... it is, after all, their property.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Answered . I-140 belongs to employer. However based on a law called AC21 (American Competitiveness in the 21st Century), once your green card (I-485 application) has been pending for 180 days or more, now you can "port" move the application to another similarly situated employer with the same or similar job offer and at least minimum salary, or you also, if the I-140 sponsoring employer decides to revoke their I-140 with you as the beneficiary, you can still safe your I-485 and have another employer adopt the application even though the I-140 is revoked. As long as there was no fraud involved then your fine. Good luck.