EB1 filing and I-94 expiry

Asked about 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I am on L1A and my I-94 is expiring in 15-Dec-2013. My company is planning to file my GC under EB1 category in Aug / Sep 2013 timeframe. I think it is logical to think that GC processing will go beyond 15-Dec-2013. My query is can i stay and work beyond 15-Dec-2013 or I have to go out of country. If I have to go out will my application be withdrawn.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . That depends on who they would proceed with filing. Direct this question to the company's attorney.

2. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

4

Answered . The I-140 filing is one thing, and your L-1A is another. In order to remain and work in the United States, you must maintain lawful nonimmigrant status at least until you receive your Employment Authorization Document, which is part of the Adjustment of Status filing.

Some of my recent EB1 filings have been approved in about a month, much faster than reported processing times. However, not all have been approved so quickly. The rest have taken 4-6 months.

Your employer MAY need to file an extension of your L-1A if your I-140 is not approved within the next few months or may consider filing your AOS while your I-140 is still pending.

As always, a conversation with your immigration attorney is far more appropriate and condusive to results than asking attorneys who have no control over your case.

3. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . To remain in the US and work, you must be in valid L-1A status.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . You need a valid L1 status or employment authorization (this comes after a stage in the greencard process) to continue to work. Somethings can be timed. Check with the attorney who is helping you. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com