Eavesdropping - What is considered eavesdropping in California?

San Diego, CA |

*Not talking about law enforcement, warrants, etc.
But just by common folks.

My wonderful neighbors are fighting (husband and wife), shouting loud; so loud it's coming through the walls. I grab my school note taking voice recorder, press record, got the whole verbal fight recorded. Is this illegal in and of itself?

What if I had opened my front door, and just stood there, didn't go outside, and press record - same thing?

Thank You for your inputs!

In my opinion, they have no expectation of privacy and your recording, from within your home or from your doorstep, is perfectly legal.

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

Thank you Mr. Schaeffer! This helps greatly to prove to the landlord who doesn't believe me.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights