Easement needed, created, filed, California. I own a property on a hill and share property with my lower neighbor, he will

Asked over 2 years ago - Orange, CA

grant me a 20' by 50' easement, so that I can build a deck for my exclusive use. Will a lawyer provide this service or am i better off with architect or other professional?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will want a lawyer to prepare the grant of the easement. You will also need a surveyor to prepare the legal description of the area of the easement. It would also be a good idea to request that any lenders who have security interests in your neighbor's property subordinate to the easement, so if in the unlikely event your neigbor goes through a foreclosure, your easement will not be extinguished.

Related Topics

Residential property

Residential property is real estate that has been developed or zoned to be used for living, such as single family houses, apartments or mobile home parks.

Easements and land use law

An easement is a right to enter or use someone else's property for a specific reason. It remains in force even if the property is sold and is also transferable.

Raymond Richard Michalski

Know Your Boundaries

Now that the residential real estate market is showing some signs of recovery, it's a good time to review some tips about buying and selling a home. Usually, home sales involve important... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,939 answers this week

3,722 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,939 answers this week

3,722 attorneys answering