Early Termination Probation,Fac.Agg.Robbery(deferred adj.) ..completed 9months intensive probation ..no problem,need job despera

Asked 5 months ago - Antioch, TN

I am on felony Probation for Fac. agg. Robbery,I spent 2 and a half years in jail, fighting the charges. I was given 6 yrs deferred adj.This is my first time being in trouble.I am having ABSOLUTELY NO luck with jobs what so ever.ever. I've managed to get a job when I first got out(they didn't background off the bat) managed to work 6 months until the background came back.Since then,nothing..I have tried through the probation office seeking employment,Reg jobs,even got hired at Asurion, and had my offer rescinded afterward due to background check.I have documentation of application and denial due to background,and A lot of places said it's the type of charge,others said I would be a liability still being on probation for an felony.I have even tried the slum jobs,good will(said they can't work with my type of charge)McDonald s (district manager said No event though store manager is my Aunt).I have tried construction and they tell me they are all full.Temp services won't take me,nothing.I am unable to help around the house financially whatsoever.I was attending college when I had the money to pay for the classes.I am unable to receive aid due to gpa unsatisfactory(when I first caught my charge,they arrested me at school and pulled me out toward the end of the semester,I was taking 15 hours and received FA for all of my classes,that's how my gpa dropped so far).I have managed to pay for one class while I was working but I was getting payed next to nothing so I had to save just to pay for that one class.Now as I need to pay for at least to more classes to gain satisfactory,I am again in need of money.I am now currently unable to pay my probation fee,however I have been on intense probation for 9 months and have never failed a drug test or any kind of trouble.I am wondering since I can get no help,what are my chances of getting my probation terminated now,as I am unable to proceed with life at any level due to this process.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Arthur Salzmann


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have a lot of issues that you have mentioned - all stemming from this. Get a local attorney for a consult. Sit down with him and explain. Then chart a course and stick to it. Good luck.

    Every case is fact sensitive. Without knowing all the facts, no attorney can give you specific advice that you... more
  2. Jodie Ann Bell


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . This is a really difficult situation. Unfortunately, as long as this matter is showing on a background check, even though it is a deferred adjudication, you will struggle to find work. You need to make sure you contact with your probation officer and that he or she is familiar with the struggles that you are having. I would suggest that you ask your probation officer if he or she has job resources that you can access - sometimes the probation officers can be helpful in this regard. You may want to consult with an attorney to determine if there are any conditions of your probation that can be waived (fees, classes, etc). Good luck to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,633 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,633 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering