Early sealing of ACOD

Smithtown, NY |

Hello,
I applied for an early sealing of the ACOD which was offered in the court during early March and it was accepted by the judge today. Can you plz let me know when the case will be removed from my file so that it will not appear in the Background check done by companies???
Do i need to check with the court clerk regarding this??

Thanks.

1. The record is sealed when the judge dismisses the case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. At the end of the ACD period.

3. The ACD period, if diminished, must still be satisfied before the dismissal and thereupon the sealing.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

4. Once the judge granted your motion the case should be dismissed. To ensure that happened go to the clerks office & obtain a certificate of disposition

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.