Early Resolution Meeting in FLORIDA. What should i expect??

Asked over 1 year ago - Melbourne, FL

I have an early resolution meeting with my attorney in FL in 2 days..most of the charges have been "disposed by prosecutor"..what remains are 5 charges..(3felonies2misdemeanors): (1,2,3)poss. of controlled substance. (4)poss. of <20grams marijuana. (5)loitering. What could i expect from this meeting?, these are my first charges. Fulltime college student, went to drug rehab/ AA and NA meetings and have been working since arrest 8 weeks ago.

1. Angela Meriah Park

4

1

Answered . Assuming you have no prior record and there is no allegation of sale of drugs in your case, you may be eligible for drug court. This is a program where once you complete it, the charges are dropped. www.brevarddc.com has more info on program, costs and requirements.

2. Richard G. Canina

Pro

1

1

Answered . The most important thing you should know is that nothing bad ever happens at early resolution. At early resolution, an offer is made by the prosecutor to resolve the case. You can accept of reject the offer. If you accept it, you will be sentenced and your case is over. If you don't want to accept the offer, your case will be continued to the trial docket and your lawyer will continue working to get the best possible resolution for you. Don't let any attorney pressure you into resolving the case without knowing all the facts. feel free to call my office for some guidance on the process. Free of charge . 3217280989

3. James W Chandler

Pro

Answered . It is difficult to tell. Early Resolution meeting with you attorney. Not sure exactly what you mean. However, many counties n Florida have an Early Intervention do let for low level third degree felonies, I.e. possession of a controlled substance. Sounds as though you live out of state, which could make drug court problematic. I would expect a discussion about resolving the case in a beneficial manner to you.