EAD validity after leaving USA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

Hello Sir/Madam , My husband is on dependent Visa L2 on my L1 B and working on EAD. Our visa is getting expired in 2 May , 2013 but I-94 is good for next 3 years. Due to some emergency , he needs to go back to our native country and will re-enter USA before 2 May,13 . While re-enter he might get lesser I 94. After coming back , will EAD remain valid or do we need to re- apply/renew?

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

1

Answered . Logically, the issued EAD in question shall remain valid in connection to the legal status it was issued for, therefore, if your spouse maintains the legal L2status that issued EAD should suffice.
    Now, if the legal status duration changes then one should file an EAD replacement several weeks before the initial EAD expiration date provided that person still qualifies to receive EAD.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . The EAD would be valid provided he continues to maintain L-2 status and you continue to maintain L-1 status.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . Yes he can continue using, provided the job opportunity is still there for you.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

1