EAD validity after leaving USA?

Louisville, KY |

Hello Sir/Madam , My husband is on dependent Visa L2 on my L1 B and working on EAD. Our visa is getting expired in 2 May , 2013 but I-94 is good for next 3 years. Due to some emergency , he needs to go back to our native country and will re-enter USA before 2 May,13 . While re-enter he might get lesser I 94. After coming back , will EAD remain valid or do we need to re- apply/renew?

1. Logically, the issued EAD in question shall remain valid in connection to the legal status it was issued for, therefore, if your spouse maintains the legal L2status that issued EAD should suffice.
    Now, if the legal status duration changes then one should file an EAD replacement several weeks before the initial EAD expiration date provided that person still qualifies to receive EAD.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. The EAD would be valid provided he continues to maintain L-2 status and you continue to maintain L-1 status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Yes he can continue using, provided the job opportunity is still there for you.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Yes he can continue using, provided the job opportunity is still there for you.