EAD Renewal of Permission due to K-1 AOS denial ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Germantown, MD

So we were told to withdraw at the Baltimore Interview, since marriage after 92 days on the K-1 visa. Resubmit I-130 along with payment this time, since last time I only filled out the form didn't know to send that payment in, only the I-485 payment. The EAD is from the K-1, so do I need to resend the I-765 to work legally based on a different category?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes. You will have a bunch of issues though. You need to talk to an immigraiton lawyer.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Fiancé needs to go back to his/her country and you need to refile and pay the fee again, unless, of course fiancée is from, say Pakistan (and is a woman) & has a "credible fear" of going back to her country.

3. Norma Lorenzo

3

Answered . Hello hope that you are well. Please make sure that you talk to an attorney from what you are describing you may be in a pickle. The EAD is a derivative privileged that is given to applicants that have certain pending applications. However, when the principal application dies, the EAD dies with it. Best of luck!

4. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . do yourself and your spouse a favor, hire an experienced immigration lawyer. If you married after 92 days - you created other problems. Serious problems.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.