Skip to main content


New York, NY |

I have filed my I - 485 in December 2011, and received my EAD on feb 2012 and which will expire in February 2013. I plan to file for renewal now.

Do I have to pay $380 renewal fee or since I filed my I-485 after 2007 it is free?


Attorney Answers 3


If you paid $1070 filing fee for your I-485 and filed your I-765 concurrently with your I-485, then you do not need to pay the filing fee to renew your EAD. You should file the I-765 between 120 and 90 days prior to the expiration of your current EAD.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


It looks like you do not need to pay. If you send the check, they will send it back to you.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics