EAD renewal before I-94 extension

San Antonio, TX |

Spouse details (L1)
I-94 expiry : July-10-2015
my details (L2)
I-94 expiry : April 16-2013
EAD expiry : June-22-2013
My spouse (L1) employer filed for my I-94 extension but they told that they won't file my EAD renewal .Should I wait for my new I-94 to renew my EAD or file EAD renewal with receipt number from USCIS ?

Thanks in advance.

Who are 'they' that "won't file"?

I think you need to talk to 'them' ..... it is possible that 'they' want to wait until 100 days before the EAD expiry ... or until the L-2 extension is approved.

This is why you need to talk to "them".

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I meant my spouse employer as they

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Go and meet with the employer's attorney ... not the employer.

Agreed.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com