EAD approved by U visa application?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

After they send it my ead card whats gonna happened next.The Ead application ask for address in the US I put my relatives address in US is that ok since.Im still outside the country applicant.What about my U visa notice is that after or before for my EAD card.???

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . The EAD will not be issued unless your U visa is approved,

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Romina Isabel Gomez

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . The EAD will only be issued after the U visa has been approved as it is based on valid U Visa status. USCIS does not process EAD applications for pending U Visa cases. The approval notices will be sent to the address listed on the application. If you are outside the US, you need to indicate that on the applications, as you will need to consular process into the US.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . First the U is approved ... only after that is the EAD issued ... then you're going to have to deal with travel permits.

    Talk to a lawyer.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now