E-visa and disorderly conduct charge

New York, NY |

I am a legal alien allowed to work in the US with an E-visa and was arrested for possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree. Pleated guilty to a disorderly conduct charge, paid the court surcharge directly in full. Never been arrested or charged with anything.

Does this have consequences for my Visa?
Also, I will be traveling to Mexico for business in a few weeks and re-entering the US a few days later. (and will travel to Canada and other countries frequently later on for business)

Will the CBP question thoroughly me or deny me access to the US?
Or how long does it take before this doesn't show anymore at CBP?

1. It should not have any impact on your visa. What was your sentence? If you had to do community service or treatment classes then you received a conditional discharge and the case is technically open for 1 year from the date of sentencing and during that time you could theoretically be denied re-entry.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.