E.g., "Do I need a real estate attorney?"

Silver Spring, MD |

Include background information that will enable lawyers to answer your question.

Real estate is often the largest purchase a person or family will make. Real estate will often be the most valuable item in a person's estate, and mosts at risk when fluctuations in the economy adversely impace a person's income. A majority of issues we are hired to fix could have been avoided if folks had invested in a few hours of lawyer time to get advice, draft and review contracts, or review estate planning. And so, the answer is "yes," you do need a lawyer who knows issues impacting your real estate that arise in litigation, deal making and estate planning.

Do you need a real estate attorney? The question by itself really doesn't provide enough information to be able to answer. If you are considering the purchase or sale of any real property, it is always prudent to consult with an attorney to be sure that you are well advise in terms of how or whether to proceed. You mentioned estate planning as part of the topic area for your question as well, which, if applicable, means the advice of counsel will be even more important, if the transfer of real property is related to the creation or operation of an estate plan.

Again, there really isn't enough information in your question to be able to provide you with any direction other than you should contact the local bar association for a referral to a competent local attorney with experience in the arena.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. 

If you have Real Estate issues pending - the answer would be "Yes".