DWLS 2nd offense, what to expect and how to handle it.

Pekin, IL |

originally I had Sr22 insurance and had that kept up very well and then fell into a heavy financial burden. I moved and didnt change my address and didnt get the notice that my license was suspended. Got pulled over while heading home didnt really get arrested as to he just wrote a ticket and had the passenger drive the rest of the way. My court supervision and everything from the last one has been revoked and was finished. Since then my license is now valid and can drive. What should I do and what to expect for my court date next week??

1. Talk to a Tazwell County attorney as each jurisdiction handles these things differently. I have a name if you want to contact me off list.

2. If you already got one supervision, odds are they won't offer it to you again.

3. I suggest following the advice of Attorney Harvatin. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

4. Your license may not yet be valid if you are required to pay a reinstatement fee. You need a lawyer. There are too many issues to handle this well without counsel.

5. Really depends on the court. If they give you a conviction you will be re-suspended. They can give you supervision or a conviction (also called conditional discharge). If you get supervision your license will not be re-suspended.