DWI Trial - I would like to observe one, where or how can I find one???

Schertz, TX |

I would like to attend and observe a DWI trial in texas, how would I go about finding one?

Try your local county courthouse. Call the county court(s) coordinator for your local courthouse and ask them about their trial schedules and settings. County courts usually have certain weeks of the month designated as trial weeks and while it is not a certainty that there will actually be a trial, you have a better chance of being able to observe one during that time. The coordinator should be able to tell you how many trials are scheduled and the type of charge. Now a lot of times cases settle so be prepared to be disappointed or told that the case has gone away after you get there. But if you are persistent, you should be able to view a trial pretty quickly.

You can also search your county on the www to get more info. Some counties post their trial settings on the internet so you can go to the courthouse with an idea of what might go to trial.

Good luck!

Kelly W. Case

Thank you

Call one of your local criminal courts (county for misdemeanor; district for felony), and ask when they have a DWI case set for trial. If you want to see a jury trial, make sure you specify and ask for a jury trial date. Anyhow, I think you will find it interesting and informative!

This attorney can be contacted via email at or via phone at 817.305.7170. The above answer does not constitute, and should not be construed as, legal advice.

Since Schertz is basically right next door to San Antonio, just go the the Bexar county criminal court house most any Monday at 8:30 am and ask any lawyer that you see where a DWI trial might be starting. A large county like Bexar will likely have at least 3 or 4 DWI trials starting almost any every Monday.

You could also just enter each courtroom individually (there will be several county criminal courts in the building) and ask the bailiff, judge, or court reporter if they will be starting a DWI trial on that day. It shouldn't be difficult to find a DWI trial starting somewhere.

You may wish to call ahead. Some days the courts are shut down for holidays, legal training, funerals, etc.

I hope you enjoy it. Best of luck to you!

This answer is for general purposes only, and is no subsitute for specific legal advice that would come from an attorney hired by you, having full knowledge regarding the facts and circumstances of your individual situation. This correspondence does not create an attorney-client relationship, and you should consult with one or more attorneys prior to acting on any of the information provided in this response.