DWI 3rd Probation in Harris County 185th. Had an Interlock violation. What can I expect

Hello, I am on probation out of Harris County, but supervised in Austin. I have already been to the Peden SATF in Houston for this case. I have one violation on the ignition interlock of .038 What can I expect, and should I hire an attorney to help with this?

Austin, TX -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (4)

Bradford Ryan Kvinta

Bradford Ryan Kvinta

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Antonio, TX

You should consult an attorney. In similar situations in my practice, the probation officer will send a violation report to the prosecutor. The prosecutor then determines, along with assistance from the probation department, whether to file a motion to revoke probation. Your attorney may be able to speak with the prosecutor and determine whether a motion to revoke your probation will be filed. If a motion is filed, then you would be entitled to a hearing to determine whether your probation will be revoked.

Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your options.

Richard Timothy Jones

Richard Timothy Jones

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

Where you are supervised matters less than where you are on probation from. Harris County will decide whether to have a warrant issued. You need an experienced probation lawyer.


My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Criminal Defense Attorney - Dallas, TX

Be prepared to show your commitment to sobriety. Go above and beyond what is required and be able to prove it. Doe 90 meetings in 90 days. Whatever it takes to stay out of jail and/or prison.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
Cynthia Russell Henley

Cynthia Russell Henley

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

YIKES!! You are in a very tough court, and apparently you have already been given one chance. You MUST hire a lawyer, and you need to get ready for some time in a lock down (again) or possibly prison. Judge Brown does not play.

Cynthia Henley

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.