DV lottery, getting married between the interview and the actual entry

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

My girlfriend already went through the interview. She never even wanted to come to the US in the first place, but she played the lottery. I am here now, and am supposed to go back soon. Is there anything that we can do in order to try life together in the US soon, or do all the options require us to be separated for years and years?

1. Peter Lunt Ashman

1

Answered . You need to elaborate. Try to provide as much information as possible about your status and that of your girlfriend. Or in the alternative, get in to see an immigration attorney for a consultation. It is impossible to answer your question based on this scant information, sorry.

2. Ahmad Mohamad Yakzan

2

Answered . Please clarify your question. Is your girlfriend in the United States already or is she applying for adjustment overseas? Also, How long have you been in the United States and how did you enter?

One option is for you to marry your girlfriend once she comes here and she could petition for you. Your adjustment would depend on whether you made a legal entry into the US. Good Luck!

3. Debbi Lee Klopman

Answered . I agree with both of my colleagues. Please try to clarify the question you are answer. Also, I think it would be an excellent idea to contact an immigration attorney for a consult. Good luck to you