DV Attack. SFPD & DA let my Emergency Protective Order get Violated by Abuser & SF did nothing to protect me.

San Francisco, CA |

I was attacked by my friend, and former partner, of 13 years in February of this year. I called the SFPD and filed a report as I believed him to be in a mental health crisis. I was given an EPO, but they failed to investigate my report and dropped the case while I had an EPO. During that time period, the abuser retained an atty. who made really wild claims and was granted a TRO. While under the EPO, he let himself into the home I shared with the abuser with a key. He was accompanied by an SFPD officer and just screamed at me that I was being evicted. I was not given all paperwork & the SFPD did not intervene. I was forced out and the SFPD would do nothing,. I let myself back in the next day, while under EPO protection, and was charged with Violation of TRO. Have been fighting since.

I have been embroiled in a legal battle since February and twice now I have been issued $1 Million dollar warrants for court appearance, even though my lawyers were present. My case is strong, but somehow the system does not care. I was not violent and I was under protection and I do not understand how this has snowballed. My resources are depleted and I am exhausted. My identity has been stolen by abuser and my accounts breached. Not sure what to do next. ??? Any advice would be appreciated.

You didn't list a specific question you are hoping to get answered.

This situation is much more complex than what can likely be adequately discussed on this forum. I recommend that you hire a family law attorney as soon as you can.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

An EPO is only good for seven days, so this all must have happened very fast. You should get a lawyer before the TRO hearing.

Start by asking your previous lawyers why the warrants issued. Something went wrong if a warrant was issued and you should be curious as to what that was. Then hire an experienced lawyer to defend you at the TRO hearing.