During the statutory period which is normaly 5 years before applying for citizenship i have never had any issues with the law

Asked almost 2 years ago - Providence, RI

when i was a minor 17 years old back in 2006 i was arrested and stayed at the police station for like 30 mins before my parents came to pick me up, i was charge with disordely conduct, went to the juvenile court where i didnt spoke to a judge. i spoke to some kind of advisor that took my testimony about the issue and told me that since i showed good moral records she would close the case and not continue (didnt even have to do community serivce) now its been more than five years since that happened. i have my citizenship interview in late january of 2013 do i disclose the issue o wait for them to ask? i went to the police and court and they said that since it was a juvenile charge they cannot provide me any record. that if uscis needs it they will request it.

will my citizenship be denied because of this issue?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

6

Answered . Disclose everything, tell the truth

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . This question looks almost identical to another question that was posted recently.

Tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

Get something in writing and ... be smart: hire a lawyer to help you.

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . I edited the practice area of your question to "Immigration". Hopefully you will get some assistance from attorneys here with expertise in immigration law. Good luck.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . Whenever there is any contact with law enforcement, as far as immigration filings go, seek competent legal advise so they can confirm whether it was a detention, arrest, etc. Also detailed facts should be discussed with the attorney. All this goes to your moral character determination. Though the statutory period is 5 years, immigration officers can ask questions beyond the period and make a determination based on any past event.