During the length of time I am on this SIS probation is that charge considered a conviction until after the completing my time?

Fulton, MO |

I am a recent college graduate and currently in the process of looking for a job. Last year, I received a possession of marijuana/paraphernalia charge, plead guilty, and was sentenced to an SIS probation until this coming November.

Not a conviction, but until you complete the probation, it will likely show up on case net. If you were arrested, a record of the arrest will exist, and that will probably show up on a background check.

Answers provided here are not to be construed as legal advice. Call (314) LAW-1375 to speak with me. Never provide facts specific to your case in a public forum. The act of answering a question does not create an attorney-client relationship

Not considered a conviction at any point prior to completing probation.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website http://mcmichael-logan.com

During the probation period, it's an open case. If you successfully complete probation, then the case is closed and there will be no conviction on your record. It will become a conviction if you violate probation and the judge revokes your probation and sentences you for the original charge. You can check with your probation officer about this, but in general, a violation of your probation would be any law enforcement contact related to drugs.

The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a LeadFootSpeedingTicket.com are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be advertising, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. The transmission of information on AVVO is not intended to establish, and receipt of such information does not establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The reader should not act on the answers without first consulting legal counsel.

A conviction only gets entered if your probation gets revoked. If you complete probation with no revocation no conviction EVER gets entered and the matter becomes a closed and confidential file. However, a record of the arrest will always exist.

INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVISE IS RECOMMENDED. The forgoing opinion is based upon limited and hypothetical information. The answer provided is not intended as a substitute for legal representation and is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.