During OPT can I take classes in a different school?

In the state of Florida, while I working full-time on OPT, can I start a part-time, higher education, program in a different school (not the current DSO)? If yes, do I need to transfer my SEVIS account to the new school?

Tampa, FL -

Fernando Perez III

Fernando Perez III

Immigration Attorney - Tampa, FL

You cannot attend a new school with your current SEVIS account as they are school specific. The new school would have to process you and get approval from USCIS before youcould start classes. If oyu convert the F-1 to and H1B because your employer sponsors you, then you can attend school while on the H1B. If you need helo with the H1B let me know.

Luis Alberto Guerra

Luis Alberto Guerra

Immigration Attorney - Fort Lauderdale, FL

My colleagues are correct.

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

You should ask the DSO of the school, but I assume you need a new I-20

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You need to speak with the DSOs at the schools in question.

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

I agree with my colleagues, you need to speak to your DSO before you do anything.