During apply as Asylum, may I grant permission for temporary job permit also?

Brooklyn, NY |

I am going to apply as Asylum and I am really in need of funds to live. So I would like to have a temporary job permit. Is that possible to apply for a temporary work permit during apply as Asylum?

1. It is BUT you only become eliigble after 150 days after you submit the application and a lot of times you get your interview in only 4-6 weeks after you apply. If the application is than forwarded to the Immigration Court instead of being approved then you will be able o apply for a work permit called EAD-Employment Authorization Document. The first time you apply its free.

2. It all depends on how quickly your case is processed. if your case is pending for 150 days and you have not requested any continuances/rescheduling AND your application has not been denied in that time, you may then apply for employment authorization.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104