During a routine search with probable cause, a pipe and meth were found on me. They did not arrest me but five months later

Olympia, WA |

I was charged with Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance. Is this legal in Washington State?

Yes. Im Washington State the statute of limitations for most felonies, including VUCSA, is three years.

I suggest you retain am experienced criminal defense attorney right away.

Yes. The statute of limitations is three years for an offense like this. That means they have three years from the date of the violation to file the charge. That time can be tolled if you are not living openly in the state. The statute regarding limitations is 9A.04.080.

You will definitely want an attorney helping you with your case. The search may or may not be legal, among other things.

You definitely need an experienced criminal defense attorney. My colleagues are correct regarding the statute of limitations for the filing deadline.

In drug cases, you especially will want to talk to an attorney representing your interests to determine if you have search issues that need to be argued.

Charges can take several months to get filed. You should call an attorney, many will offer a free consultation before you hire them.