Duration of Decision

Newark, NJ |

What is the longest time that can take for the asylum office to make a decision after new evidences are submitted in response to the Notice of intent to deny(NOID)? It has already been over 2 months since in my case.

Response times to NOIDs vary greatly. If you have not already retained an immigration attorney, I suggest you meet with one in your area to discuss your case

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.

There is no time limit or indication. Varies from office to office and officer to officer. Sometimes they could sit on it for almost a year before finally issuing the denial.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

What can be done to make the decision come in a quicker time?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

they only pay attention (somewhat) to inquiries by attorneys. Don't give a d...n about the unrepresented self-petitioners. Get yourself an attorney to assist you with this, if you haven't done so already.

There is no set time limit. THey could be investigating the new evidence. Your best bet is to review your case with a lawyer who could contact the asylum office if need be.

There is no deadline. As all the attorneys have indicated, the best time to hire an attorney would have been before you filed. The next best time is today.

Andres Mejer 9 Memorial Parkway, suite B Long branch, NJ 07740 220 Third Street Lakewood, NJ 08701 732-962-1805 www.AndresMejerLaw.com