DUI without being in car?

Aurora, CO |

I was in the shower when the police knocked on my hm door - saying that they received a call or calls that a car matching mine was recklessly driving. I was drinking at home and had been home for sometime. They felt my car hood and it was warm...I had been home long enough to let dogs out and in, drink a glass of wine and shower. I wonder if they were looking around the neighborhood and found my car and decided i was the one. I went to detox, blew no blood, received 3 cites. Did not get my meranda rights read to me, still have CO DL - no court date but got sums...what are my chances of fighting this?

Your chances are slim to none if you don't have a lawyer. Find and hire an experienced DUI defense attorney ASAP.

From what you write, yes, you have a chance at fighting these charges. What I don't know is what you told the police and what neither of us know is what the police have put in their police reports. Those are important pieces of information to know in assessing this case. Since you said you still have your Colorado driver's license I take your test result on the Intoxilyzer was under .08? To be able to successfully defend your case, you will need a good DUI attorney. I recommend you start interviewing them this week and as soon as you find one you can afford and trust, go ahead and hire that lawyer. Good luck.

Ann Toney, P.C. is a law firm in Denver, CO defending DUI, DUID, and marijuana drug charges.

No matter how thing the case against youy is you need a DUI counsel to represent you.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

I agree with my colleagues. One thing to add is that many of offer free consultations. Find someone you like and can afford.

There are a lot of cases like this that can be fought with a qualified attorney's help.

Best of luck.

Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, L.L.P. 720-644-6413. The information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation, please contact us at 720-644-6413.

Your chances of fighting this are excellent...if you hire an experienced DUI defense attorney. The prosecution is going to have to establish that YOU were the person driving and that you were under the influence WHILE YOU WERE DRIVING.

There are many great DUI lawyers here on Avvo. Many of them (myself included) offer a free consultation. Call a few and hire the one you feel is the best fit!

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Set up a consultation with John Buckley. He is the best. In 22 years of being a judge, prosecutor, and defense attorney myself, I would personally hire him to represent me on a DUI.

Your chances of fighting this on your own are slim. You chances with an experienced attorney sound like they may be pretty good.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

What you admitted or told the police officers about whether you were driving and when and where is critical. Also, any witness statements and observations placing you behind the wheel and driving recklessly will be a determining factor.

I'm assuming because they didn't take your license, that was due to the breath test being more than 2 hours from the time of last driving. However, you can still lose your license if you get criminally convicted. You need to hire the best DUI attorney you can afford. Even with top notch representation, it will be an uphill battle. These cases always are. There are no slam dunks or sure things in DUI defense. You have interesting facts, but until a qualified attorney can see what evidence the police have against you, they should reserve judgment on the strength of the case. Under promise and over deliver is the best approach.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

Sounds like you have a strong case.

Legal Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, Tennessee attorneys are not certified as specialists by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization in the areas of practice listed on their profiles. William A. Young, Jr., is not, nor does he claim to be, a specialist. Nothing contained in this response creates an attorney-client relationship. All material contained in this response is intended to be informational only. It is not legal advice, nor is it a guarantee of any kind and should not be relied upon as such. William A. Young, Jr. is not liable for any use of the information provided. An attorney-client relationship is not established until both the attorney and prospective client agree to the representation in question. Prospective clients are welcome to contact William A. Young, Jr., electronically or otherwise, to discuss their potential case with him. However, please do not submit confidential information to William A. Young, Jr. unless an attorney-client relationship has been formed. General information posted to websites such as this one are absolutely not a substitute for the advice that only a skilled, licensed attorney who practices regularly in your area can provide after fully evaluating the facts of your case.

As long as you did not admit you were driving and there were no witnesses to say you were any good lawyer should be able to win the trial, but he cannot put you on the stand to lie.