Skip to main content

DUI with 3 counts of child endangerment, no priors. Arrested in TN. 28 yr old female. Will all 3 charges likely be kept?

Lawrenceburg, TN |

No prior record or hx, one time only, have family support. What's the possible fine/ sentence? Lawrenceburg, TN

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Lawrence County is considered to be tougher on DUI than other jurisdictions such as Davidson County. Were you arrested in Lawrence County? Child endangerment can require a mandatory 30 day jail sentence. The chances of having the endangerment charges reduced depends on the skill of your attorney. Contact an attorney before your first appearance in General Sessions court. Check out my website below and click to the DUI Penalties for possible fines and loss of license etc...

  2. You're facing felony charges and should contact a lawyer in your area as soon as you can. You should also know that a DUI by itself carries mandatory jail time if convicted, regardless of your record.

  3. None of this sounds good. Things will only get worse without a lawyer. She needs to hire one, pronto.

    If you would like a consultation, call (865) 522-9000 to make an appointment. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

  4. Assuming you pay a an attorney, I speculate a dismissal of all charges other than simple 1st Offense DUI. If you have no representation, you'll be cast down with the minions. I'm sorry, but that is how it "generally" plays out.

    You're charged with a felony. You need an attorney. You go to court on Gaines Street without one - well - you're asking for it.

    I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics