Dui probation violation warrent

Reisterstown, MD |

before i met my husband ,he had a dui ,he did 6 m. of a 12m. probation..then moved to fla. (in 2005)violating probation.came back to Md.found out there was a warrent for this in 2010...turned himself in at the Safe Surrender program 6/2010. what are we looking at consequence wise? This is his only violation,has not been in any trouble in the past 5 years, has all the $ to pay past court and probation fees,has a steady self employed job with my construction company ,suppports a family,has paid off past child support in full.basically since this major mistake he has seen the light and become a responicible citizen.there is no bail ,he will be in jail 6 weeks till his court date.this is a major hardship on our family, are we looking at more jail or what? it is with judge turnbull- in towson

I am very sorry for the hardship this is causing you and your family. Unfortunately there really is no way to answer this question here. More facts are needed and the state's position on the case must be explored. Facts that help your husband must be developed. You need an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help you with this problem. If you cannot afford one your husband should ask for a court appointed lawyer.

Good luck to you.

DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CONSULT QUALIFIED LEGAL COUNSEL IN YOUR CITY OR STATE FOR IMMEDIATE LEGAL ADVICE.

I agree with the previous answer. This question can't be answered properly without sitting done with an experienced defense attorney.

Most initial consultations are free so you don't have much to lose. Sounds like there is a lot great things going on in your husband's life, which will certainly work in his favor when resolving the case. However, since there are so many factors to consider in your situation, its best to consult with someone.

I agree with the other lawyers that have answered this question. I would add that Judge Turnbull is a reasonable judge and will often go along with any agreements reached by counsel for both sides. So for example, if you get a lawyer, one option would be for the lawyer to see if the prosecutor and probation officer would agree to a "time served" disposition on the violation so that on the court date your husband would "admit" the violation in return for the prosecutor agreeing to recommend and the judge agreeing to impose, no more than the time already served in jail. I do not know if this is possible, and without actually speaking to your husband cannot state that an admission of violation of probation would be in his best interest. I have no idea whether any of the parties would agree to this. But your husband definitely needs a lawyer.