DUI implications for Character and Fitness on Bar (PA, NJ)

Asked over 3 years ago - Allentown, PA

Plead guilty to a DUI and fleeing while in college (5 yrs ago). No other record. What effect for the bar? Anything I can do preemptively? One of the requirements in PA is to attend alcohol highway safety classes and "outpatient intervention". This outpatient class was not indicative of any need or test just a requirement of the legislature, will that hurt me as an indicator of alcohol abuse or psychiatric need.

1. Michael Keith Hollinger

Answered . Although you WILL be required to report this offense, I believe that the answer you have given will suffice for the Board of Bar Examiners. It has been 5 years since your DUI and you have no further criminal interaction. You have completed the requirements of your probation and your explanation above (plus the fact that you have asked the question here) shows a very strong likelihood that you will be fine. Focus on the bar exam - the DUI will take care of itself. If you want to talk further, please feel free to send me an email. I was born and raised in Allentown and can share a similar story. Good luck. www.hollingerlaw.com

2. Jason Kutulakis

Answered . You should contact the PA Board of Law Examiners. You will be required to disclose the history.