DUI first time offender

Orange, CA |

As the other lawyer mentioned in my first question 3 mons for first offender..

my bac is .16 ...even though i have clean record and first time, i will get 9 months in orange county? i am going to orange courthouse..and my DA is bodly and oliver? anyone has any experience with them !!!!

1. I did not read the other question and posts... so maybe I am not completely informed on your case... But normally, a 1st DUI with BAC .16% will result in the DA asking for the 6 month class (not the 9 month). The 3 months class is normal for BAC .08 - .14%, 6 months for .15 - .19% and 9 months for .20%. Again, this is the "normal" request by DA in Orange County. If you have an attorney, often the 3 month class can be obtained even with BAC of .16%. Other factors come in to play, so it is hard to pre-determine if that would be possible in your case...

This does not form an attorney-client relationship. I require a written agreement before I begin work on any case.

2. I would echo Attorney Maddox's excellent post as to the Levels 1-3 of Alcohol Treatment Classes and having an attorney in your corner fighting for a 3 month classes with even .16 is possible.

You may want to have your attorney also offer a donation to the Victim/ Witness to sweeten the offer for a 3 months instead of 6 months of classes.

I have had a very positive experience with Deputy District Attorney Julie Oliver, Santa Ana Court, and I consider her to be fair and reasonable. In one case with Ms. Oliver, I was able to get 3 months instead of 6 months with a donation as suggested above. However, each case contains different facts which would/may alter the outcome.

If you like more information, please contact myself.

Lots of luck with your matter.

Richard Grant
    Orange County Criminal & DUI Attorney
    949-582-9394

Legal disclaimer: Please note that this answer/response does not constitute legal advice of any kind or manner. It is merely intended to provide general information for purposes to aid the poster in finding answers to the question preseented. This answer/response does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind or manner.

3. My colleagues are correct. The number of months you are required to take an alcohol class is directly related to your BAC level.