DUI filling a Green Card???

Seattle, WA |

I was charge with DUI back in 2008 while i am still in F1 status. I completed all my charges which consits of sherrif work program and alcohol anonymous and also my alcohol probation. I was granted asylum last year in 2011. Now i am eligible for filling my i485 . Can anybody please tell me what are the document i need to file with my i485 fourm. When i am going through its insturctons its ask me for my crimnal report ...is that the docket report from the court ?

1. A successfully completed misdemeanor DUI is not a preventive factor to your case. You may request your official court disposition of your court case at the court's clerk of the jurisdiction where you case was heard.
    Naturally, any federal submissions you prepare must be carefully reviewed by a licensed immigration attorney, in my opinion.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. The DUI will not make you inadmissible to obtain a green card. However, you must be diligent obtaining your conviction records. I suggest that you retain an experienced immigration attorney.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. You need complete certified documents from the County of your DUI. You'll need FBI Criminal Background check. Also you may need information about entry and reentry into the United States.

A DUI conviction is not end all be all but it will depend on the facts of the conviction, find an experienced immigration attorney.

Attorney Gregory Spink is licensed in North Carolina, with a focused practice in Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties. Nothing is intended in this post to serve as legal advice. It is my opinion based on studying the law and passing the Bar Exam and should not be construed as legal advice. You should always contact a local attorney, who is familiar with local rules. Each case must be judged on a case by case basis with all evidence being reviewed by a licensed attorney. Nothing in this post should be construed as creating an attorney and client relationship.

4. You will need to obtain a certified court docket. You may also really want to consider having an attorney review your filing prior to filing for adjustment. You should have your criminal record and immigration history available prior to a consultation.

5. One DUI will not prevent you from obtaining lawful permanent residence. I am hopoing that you disclosed the DUI during your Asylum interview. If not than that is an issue that needs to be addressed. Any time one has a criminal record its best to have it reviewed by an attorney before filing, just to be sure it won't cause any problems, or to be prepared if it does.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
    Seattle Immigration Lawyer
    206-724-1940
    www.olivielaw.com

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.