DUI diversion motion to revoke for non payment.

Asked 9 months ago - Manhattan, KS

I have a court date coming up for a motion to revoke my DUI diversion for non payment. The diversion period was for January 3rd 2013 to January 3rd 2014. Payment left on it would be 434.00. I can have almost all of that shortly before I appear in court but not enough to pay it off, which would take care of the diversion and have the motion avoided. What options are there for me and worst case what is the likely jail time. I do have a job and maintained it for long time. Just been a rough year with family issues and rent and such.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . Make the payment and call your diversion officer. Talk it out with him. If you have had no other problems and they believe you are doing your best they may well work with you. You can also call your attorney from the original case. He may be able to convince them to give you more time.

2. Adebayo Ifasesan Kehinde Ogunmeno

Answered . You should call your lawyer who assist you with the diversion agreement to assist you again. Making payment will help you case as well. You may want to go pay what you owe if you have it well ahead of the court hearing. Another action you can take is talk to the diversion officer after you make payment to see if s/he will work with you. If you get revoked, you will be made to serve the underlying sentence imposed when you were give diversion, which could cause you to loose you job. The revocation is a serious matter, and you should take it seriously. Take immediate actions. Good luck.