DUI Court Supervision - Travel for work or tourism outside of US.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wheaton, IL

I successfully completed DUI Court Supervision. Jobs in my field of work may require occasional travel outside of the US. How difficult is it to gain approval from Canada or Mexico, or China & India for that matter, to travel across the border?

And where does one find assistance with filing for such documentation?

1. Harold L. Wallin

Pro

4

1

Answered . You will have difficulties entering Canada.To get in now you will need a Temporary Visitor's Permit. I am attaching a link to my blog post about this. As far as I know, no other country will cause this problem. I have clients who regularly travel to all the countries that you mention.

2. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

2

Answered . The best option is to meet with an immigration attorney who may be able to lay the foundation with whatever documents or approvals each country requires. When you have a legitimate concern about some restrictions by a particular country it is always better in an abudnance of caution to resolve the issue before you travel.

3. Jonathan Neal Portner

Pro

1

Answered . Before travelling you should consult an immigration attorney who is familiar with restrictions in each of the above countries.