Skip to main content

DUI Court Supervision - Travel for work or tourism outside of US.

Wheaton, IL |

I successfully completed DUI Court Supervision. Jobs in my field of work may require occasional travel outside of the US. How difficult is it to gain approval from Canada or Mexico, or China & India for that matter, to travel across the border?

And where does one find assistance with filing for such documentation?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You will have difficulties entering Canada.To get in now you will need a Temporary Visitor's Permit. I am attaching a link to my blog post about this. As far as I know, no other country will cause this problem. I have clients who regularly travel to all the countries that you mention.

  2. The best option is to meet with an immigration attorney who may be able to lay the foundation with whatever documents or approvals each country requires. When you have a legitimate concern about some restrictions by a particular country it is always better in an abudnance of caution to resolve the issue before you travel.

    The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

  3. Before travelling you should consult an immigration attorney who is familiar with restrictions in each of the above countries.

    Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics