Dui charged general impairment because of wreck but under legal limit

Rouseville, PA |

I wrecker my car they smellled alcohol didnt breathalize me gave me.the dui test (light test/standing 1 leg) but i got banged up pretty good and wasnt able to pass they did blood work and my bac was .07 and legal limit is. 08...they are charging me with gen impairment...qualified for ard for this is my only offense. No criminal record..was cooperative with police should i fight it do ard what should.i do because.probation officer.i saw for ard.told me to have.my lawyer contact da to dismiss because i was under limit and allowed to be under limit and drive so i dunno but he.is.a public.defendor and dunno if he has.my best interests at top priority so wanted.to ask any advice...ty

1. You have a public defender and you think anonoymous attorneys online will have your best interests at heart more than your PD? Strongly recommend you follow your PD's advice.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. You have an attorney and if you are not satisfied, then you should spend your own money and retain a private attorney who has expertise with DUI cases.

3. You have a lawyer. No one one this board can ethically answer your questions.

Soeak with your public defender about potential defenses and his/her recommendation. Ultimately, you make the decision.

4. Because you're not sure if you are getting good legal advice, get a second opinion. (Most lawyers do not charge for the initial consultation.) moreover, even though you were under the limit, you could be convicted if the Government can prove you were too drunk to drive. In other words, the alcohol contributed to the accident. .

The information provided here is not intended to provide legal advice on any subject nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Actual resolution of legal issues depends upon many factors, including variations of facts and state laws. The information is provided for information purposes only.