DUI charge after car accident?

Houston, TX |

Two weeks ago, I hit a car while I was driving after drink some wine. Only I got minor injury, so I transferred to hospital via ambulance. at hospital a nurse asked me she will take my blood. And I saw she gave the blood and urine samples to the police officer. When can I know I will be chared for DUI or not?? The police just will be my home and arrest me??

After an accident, if the police learn a driver was over the legal limit, that driver can be charged with DWI. (One of may situations that can lead to DWI charge).

May I suggest that you contact a DWI lawyer in your area.... Over in Houston, Mark Thiessen and Gary Tricter are two good ones.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

It will take some time for them to analyze the blood/urine samples. I would consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to ensure your rights are protected. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

It can take months for the results to return. However, you may be able to suppress the blood depending on the underlying circumstances. You should quickly consult an attorney. Was your license taken? Were you arrested?

You have some serious issues here. You need to hire attorney if you get charged. In order to get your blood the police have to follow certain safeguards and procedures. What is happening is that the officer got your blood and they are going to test it for the blood alcohol content. If it is high enough the police may charge you with DWI. However, in order to successfully use that blood they have to follow certain rules and it sounds like they did not. If you get charged you need to hire a good attorney to represent you that will be able to check into these facts. If you get charged, shop around and do some research to find someone you trust. Many attorneys, including myself, offer payment plans and free consultations. Good luck to you.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.