DUI Case Dismissed - How to get my license back

Asked 5 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

I was charged in December 2006 (over 7 years ago). I refused the breath test. My attorney got the case dismissed. I've been living overseas since, so never needed my FL license since then.

What do I need to do to get my license back?

1. William C. Head

Pro

3

Answered . First, get your official license status from the state of Florida by going on-line. Once you have that in hand, see if your license is merely expired or remains suspended. From there, you will likely be able to take the steps to get the license re-activated fairly quickly. The DPS has on-line phone service, to allow you to ask questions and get answers about reinstatement.

2. Lance Wayne Dunford

1

Answered . I agree with attorney Head. Additionally, it sounds like when you do attempt to reinstate your Florida DL, you may need to jump through some minor hoops- As of January 1, 2010 the Florida DMV implemented stricter ID requirements.
    Here is a link with the documents you can expect to bring to the DMV http://www.dmvflorida.org/drivers-license-ident...

I hope this helps!

3. Richard Glenn Salzman

Answered . The first thing you want to do is check the status of your Florida Drivers License. You can do that by going online to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (https://services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck/?AspxAutoDe...) and see if your DL has expired or if it suspended for any reason. Once you know the status you can then take steps to either renew your license or have it reinstated.

4. L. Vincent Ramunno

Answered . Congrats on beating your DUI and welcome back to the usa, now that your back, start the process , assuming your now living in florida, see what the florida dmv requires, but since/assuming you beat the dui, you should have relatively smooth sailing. If not, consult a florida attorney asap.