DUI case can I visit my home country

Asked over 1 year ago - Burlington, NC

My DUI case is in progress and final date is within first week of May, I am planning to visit my home country because my of my parents health and will be out of the country for 3 weeks.

Will there be any problem at port of entry while entering back to US. What all steps can I take in order to get through this. I have valid visa till Sep 2013

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

24

Answered . Yes, it could be a problem.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

12

2

Answered . Yes, it surely can be a huge problem depending on the charges. Check with your immigration attorney.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

11

Answered . Much depends on what happens at the hearing in May.

4. Zachary Andrew Cohen

Pro

9

Answered . I am not an immigration attorney, so I can only speak about similar situations that occurred with past clients. One was a U.S. citizen with a pending DWI in North Carolina. He had been released on a written promise to appear in court. He traveled out of the country for a wedding and he had no problems at all leaving and re-entering the U.S. I also have represented citizen of the U.K. for DWI. He was able to travel back to England while his DWI was pending in Union County N.C. He had no problems whatsoever traveling to and from England. I believe he was here on a workers visa but am not sure of the particulars. Talk to your attorney about this issue and it may not be a bad idea to contact an immigration attorney just to be on the safe side. I am more than willing to speak to your attorney in Burlington about this issue. Feel free to pass my contact information along to your attorney. Good luck.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

5

Answered . it may present a significant issue for you. You should resolve the pending DUI. consult with an immigration attorney before and after the DUI decision and before you depart the US.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com