DUI California.Deportation

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sunnyvale, CA

I am an legal Immigrant working on H1b. I had a dui in california and the judge ordered me some community service ,fine and a 3 year court probation and no jail time.I was worried that it will lead to deportation.I read some where that if being on probation for more than a year,will lead to Deportation.Is that true?Please Advise

1. Hosep J Yepremian

5

Answered . If it is a simple DUI conviction, chances are you will not face deportation. You may be not be eligible to naturalize until the probation period has ended. I would recommend you take all of your paperwork and consult with a local attorney so that your issue can be properly assessed.

2. Shawn Michael Haggerty

4

1

Answered . When you entered a guilty plea, the judge informed/advised you on the record of your consequences. Ask a local attorney or call the public defender for more information. Good luck.

3. Matisyahu Wolfberg

3

Answered . It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

We would have to have more details to give you an intelligent answer.

Matisyahu Wolfberg
    www.FormerCop.com
    NY Criminal defense Attorney

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] I am licensed to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue