DUI Attorney fees

Asked almost 5 years ago - Harrisburg, PA

I know this very broad question; however, what could be a reasonable range for legal fees, pre-trial, motions, trial, etc, for a typical first or second offense DUI case from topnotch DUI lawyer someone that’s highly recommend on here, from the National DUI College an or someway that has extensive skill and results in DUI cases.
Thank You.

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

Answered . That is really an impossible question to answer because it depends on so many variables, the complexity of the case, the experience of the attorney and the costs involved in prosecuting the case as well as where the case is being tried. It may cost less in Lycoming County than Dauphin County.

If this is a first offense you may be eligible for ARD and should ask the attorney if that is appropriate for you. An ARD should cost less than a trial however if the attorney uses considerable efforts to get you into the ARD program where you migh other wise not be admitted. If the attorney is as good and as experienced as you lead me to believe then a higher fee may well be deserved. You can speak with other DUI defense attorneys in your area to get a feel for the fees charged. But be aware that you will most certainly find someone who charges less, but your not shopping for a washing machine here so cost should not be your determining factor. Best of Luck.

2. Michael J. Nichols

Answered . It is not unreasonable for you to expect to pay 10-25 thousand dollars for a top notch DUI lawyer who knows both the science and the law. I am a member of the National College of DUI defense and many of the lawyers who belong to the college have a special dedication to this particular practice area and that includes extensive time investing in learning the science of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics.