Dui arrest in philadelphia pa, charge m count 001 what is this mean for a first time offense

Philadelphia, PA |

MY daughter was arrested for the first time in her life, for drinking and driving, but when the police came she was park, but inside the car with the car on, the cop took her out of the car, harrast her and took her to jail, she spent lest that 24 hours in jail. her chages was alcohol or drug, the police only did a breathing test, but not any other test. her charges was m count 001 and know she have to go to court. she never been arrest before and she dosent use drugs or drink like that, what are her chances in court plust know she is at risk of loosing he job because of this. the cops that arrested her olso took her cell phone and started checking her messages and even send me a tex MESSAGE THAT KEEP ME SO SCARE THAT I CALL 911 AND THEY SEND A COP TO MY HOUSE RIGHT WAY BECAUSE OF THAT TEX

OLSO THE TEX MESSAGE THAT THE COPS SEND ME FROM HER CELL PHONE, SAYS. THIS IS THE POLICE, SHE CANNOT TALK RIGHT NOW. SHE APPEARS TO BE HIGHLY INTOXICATED. WE FOUND HER ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL WHILE VEHICLE WAS RUNNING IN TRAFFIC AND A SECOND TEX, SHE WILL CALL YOU SHORTLY. BUT NOT LONG AGO FROM THAT I HAD TALK TO MY DAUGHTER AND SHE WAS IN HER WAY HOME NO EVEN FAR WAY AND SHE SOUND FINE. AFTER ALL THAT I HAD TRY TO CALL HER BACK, BUT HER PHONE WAS OFF. I GOT SO SCARE THAT I CALL 911 AND THEY SEND A COP TO MY HOUSE RIGHT WAY TO MAKE A REPORT FOR A MISSING PERSON, BECAUSE OF THAT TEX, BUT FINALY THE POLICE THAT CAME TO MY HOUSE MAKE VARIOUS CALL AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS THE COPS THAT HAVE HER AND THAT SHE WAS ARRESTED

1. You daughter needs to be represented by an experienced criminal defense attorney. She may be eligible for a first time offenders program known as ARD. If she completes the program the charges are dismissed and the case can be expunged. I would be glad to speak with you concerning the process.

2. I highly recommend you retain an experienced criminal lawyer as soon as possible to represent her. Also, you have already revealed too much case specific information on the Internet. Your further discussions need to be protected by attorney/client privilege.

If indeed the only evidence against her is a breathalyzer, she is likely to succeed at trial. However be prepared that there may be a blood test she hasn't told you about. Her attorney will be able to discover that.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

I am an attorney in Pennsylvania but I am not currently *your* attorney. Nothing in my communication should be construed as creating an attorney/client relationship. Please contact me if you wish to retain me as your counsel.

3. Echoing what has already been said, your daughter needs an attorney to represent her. From what you have said, she may be eligible for an ARD program, which will end up being much less severe than the penalty she would receive if she lost at trial.

Please remember, though, that what you post on the internet is not privileged in any way. The DA could use it against your daughter. You should only speak of the details further with the lawyer you hire.

4. You seem very troubled by this, which is understandable. Much more would need to be known regarding this case to determine how to best approach this. I advise sitting with an attorney and discussing the facts in more detail.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

5. Definitely contact an attorney , but more importantly you need someone who can help your daughter with any alcohol or drug issues...
    First offense is not as serious as subsequent violations and this is your chance to help your daughter. Hope this helps

6. M 001 means Misdemeanor, first count, usually with a DUI in this state they will try to get a DUI under several different counts for the same act. Also in Pennsylvania she need not necessarily be driving the car at the time she was stopped for the DUI, but rather be shown that she was " in control of the car" meaning that the fact that the car was running when the officer started to investigate your daughter may be enough along with the alcohol to convict your daughter of DUI.

DUI topics