DUI arrest in MN

Asked over 1 year ago - Crystal Lake, IL

How will a 90 day revocation of driving privileges in the state of MN affect my IL driving status? After being charged with DUI, the case has been resolved by pleading guilty to a lesser charge f careless driving, but the 90 day revocation will still stand.

1. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

4

Answered . If you had an attorney, I suggest giving them a call. Otherwise, you're essentially left playing a waiting game to hear from the IL version of DMV, if at all. I have had plenty of out of state clients never hear anything from their home-state DMV regarding their license, and I've had others take as long as 2 years. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

2. John Naumovski

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with the above attorney's advice

3. Andrew M. Leone

2

Answered . The DL suspension is a separate (administrative) court proceeding. It is possible to fight the suspension, but you have to file for a judicial review of the suspension within 30 days of receiving your notice of suspension. If you are still inside that 30 day window, this is possible; if not, then the 90 day suspension will stand and your IL driving privileges will likely be affected.