Dui arrest, did not blow, charged w/ careless driving, dui, leaving an accident. hit a construction barrell. damage < $500

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

Had a wet reckless from 2001 and no citations of any kind since this incident. What can I do?

1. Bryce Aric Fetter

10

1

Answered . You can plea not guilty and contest the charges. Most importantly you have ten days to file for a formal review hearing to extend your driving privileges. That is always the first step. Contact me if you want to discuss your case further. Good luck.

http://www.brycefetter.com/DUI.html

2. William Alexander Corzo

10

Answered . You can have an attorney review the report to check for defenses and other options. This would not be considered a 2nd DUI, but if you had a previous alcohol related case in the past the prosecutor may take that into consideration when deciding how to resolve the case. Many attorneys offer free consultations, so it would be in your best interest to contact one immediately to go over your options.

3. Matthew Ryan Gunter

9

Answered . You can have an attorney review your case for any potential defense that may be available. Without more details about the incident it is very tough to give a more detailed answer.

The fact that you have a prior reckless driving will likely prevent you from receiving a diversion offer. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. I'd be happy to review your paperwork/police report 321-332-6864.

4. Larry Thomas McMillan

7

Answered . Hire a DUI attorney in Orlando. Not sure what you mean by a "wet" reckless from 2001. If this is a prior DUI from 2001, you will be looking at a minimum the statutory punishment for a 2nd DUI outside 5 years. By statute there is no jail requirement, however, the state attorney may feel that jail is appropriate.

Call and consult with a DUI attorney in Orlando.

5. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

7

Answered . Yes you should call an experienced DUI attorney in Orlando to get help with this. You can contact my office for a free consultation.

6. Mark H Randall

Pro

6

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. You are going to have to go to court. Accident cases are a little tricky because of witness issues. I think you should consider calling me @ 407-831-3434 for an appointent so that we can assess your case.