Skip to main content


Atlanta, GA |

i have dui in gran island ne .. its an outstanding warrent i live in atlanta...what should i do

Attorney Answers 3


My advice is to find a lawyer in Nebraska where the outstanding warrant is and find out what the local practice in that court is for lifting the warrant. If it is a misdemeanor DUI, it is very unlikely law enforcement in Atlanta will come looking for you and extradite on it alone. It very well could, however, lead to a suspension of your drivers license here. Keep in mind also, that with advances in computer networking, we are finding that state's databases are doing a better job of cross-referencing these types of warrants. I would hate for you to be stopped for a minor traffic violation, get arrested on this warrant, and then spend a couple of days in jail before Georgia gets word that Nebraska will not extradite on a misdemeanor. Go to AVVO or to start looking for lawyers near Grand Island who can help.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You should consult with an experience DUI attorney located near Gran Island, NE.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


As others have stated, retain local counsel in NE.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics